Well it has officially been a week and a half since I left the great state of Michigan and began my 13 hour journey to Arkansas! What a full 10 days it has been. I have been welcomed in so greatly though and every has done more than enough to make me feel at home. I think I have eaten more meals away than I actually have at the house I am living in. I am staying with an older couple, with 2 other college age girls and 2 college age guys. I have my own room and share a bathroom and closet with one of the other girls. It is huge, so there really hasn't been a problem with sharing the space. My room is pretty much complete with just a few posters yet to hang. I have a nice leather chair next to my window which looks out onto the large pond in the front yard. It is a nice place to sit when I am journaling and reading the morning.
Work has been great so far. We have been spending a lot of time in the office making sure things are ready to start the year. Tonight we had our Kick-off club which I think was a success. I am starting to get better with names and faces of the kids as I see them more. We have been to the schools for lunches every day which has been good to meet lots of the kids. The families around here are absolutely WONDERFUL! They have definitely done their part in taking care of me and treating me like one of their own. It makes me really excited to think I will be here for at least 3 years and how far and deep these new relationships will grow.
There have been a few freak out moments, but the Lord has been good to provide me with people or other good moments to show me that He has me here for a purpose. I can't wait to see all that He does/continues to do in this place. But as for know I am going to get ready for my day off tomorrow! Fortunately I am only an hour away from my dear friend Ashley, so I am going to visit her and hope to do so often! I hope all is well for you!
Love you much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is good to hear you had a great night at opening kick off. Also good to hear that people are taking care of you. I hope you have a wonderful day with Ashley on your day off. Have fun and let loose. Love you much and miss you much.
Mom
i'm so glad things are going so well for you! i know you're having an amazing time. what an experience!? i miss you a million and can't wait to see you! my kids need an aunt nicole in their lives!!! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment